How to get govt jobs
Popular jobs Guides
- Find a job in Google
- Latest teaching jobs
- Latest Bank Jobs
- Latest Railway Jobs
- Latest govt jobs
- How to get army jobs
- How to Find Part Time Jobs
- How to find work from home
- How to get Freelance Jobs
- How to get a job in bank
- How to get Civil Engineering Jobs
- How to get govt jobs
- How To Get A Pay Rise
- How to find Jobs online
How To Get A Pay Rise
How to Get the Best Property Deal from an Estate Agent
Top 10 smartphones
Top 10 smartphones
Top 10 smartphones
Let’s make life secure with government jobs
How is life without government jobs? Very difficult to describe but very hard to experience. Hard work is the key to success but what is life without enjoyment or refreshment. The great benefit government job is the stability and security to a person’s life. There is a wide array of opportunities for jobs in the government sector and you need to have a definite plan to crack them. Special guidance, good quality books and update information about the latest jobs in the government sector from employment news and other respective place will play a pivotal role as to how quick you land up with a secure government job paving the way for a bright future.
At a glance
- What are government jobs
- Advantages of government jobs
- Source of information of jobs in government sec tor
- How to get government jobs
- Age requirement
- How to fill up government job application
- Selection procedure
- Some upcoming recruitment
- How to prepare for the exam
- Books for reference
What are government jobs?
Those jobs which are under the state and the central jurisdiction and some autonomous body formed to oversee the recruitment in Banks do fall in this category. You get the job after you go through the selection process. Furthermore you get a job which is secured and get benefits like salary, pension, gratuity, provident fund. The main thrust of government jobs is security.
Advantages of government jobs:
There are compelling reasons to prove that when you get a job in a government sector, you get along with it security and stability also. But that is not the case with jobs in private sector. There is no job security and you can be sacked at the will of the employer.
There are many who find themselves in a helpless position after putting so much effort or years of service in their job. So let us have a look at some of the advantages of government jobs which will arouse your interest and make you work hard to get the dream job in the government sector.
- You get your salary every time at the end of the month and accordingly you can meet your expenses. But in private jobs there is no fixed date for salary.
- After years of service period the government takes care of your needs by offering a pension till death. So a government employee has a secured future which is not the case with private jobs. There is no pension like scheme in private sector.
- The work load in government jobs is not so much as in private sector. Here you have to work hard only to get the jobs, after that there is not much tension.
- There is easy loan facility also in case of government employee and also free health care.
- Finally a sense of social security is there as you get salary in time and need not worry.
Source of information of jobs in government sector:
There are different newspaper where you will get information about the latest government jobs and in addition paper like “Employment News”. Also there are some websites where you can get news of the job vacancies. It is better to visit the official site of the department concerned to get a good idea of the exam pattern, the date of the exam, and many more. Here are some sites which will provide you information about jobs in government sector. They are-
- Sarkari Naukri Blog
- Employment News
- Govt Jobs
- Free Job Alert
- Recruitment Carrier
- Govt Jobs Daily
- Indian Govt Jobs
How to get government jobs
Oh great! You have decided that the need of the hour is a government job for you but how to move forward to get the most coveted job in the government sector in India. The most common way to find out one is to go through the
- “Employment News” a paper providing information about when a exam is going to be held and the approximate number of vacancies to be there. Now there are tons of websites also which provides information at your finger tips
- Set priorities- prioritize the choice list and start studying according to the requirements
- Don’t try to attempt to sit for each and every government jobs exam. Know your strength and appropriately decide which exam you can easily crack and start studying for the exam.
- Be mentally prepared for government jobs and try to know the small details like exam pattern, marking pattern and interview questions.
- Finally you are now ready to apply for the jobs and get set ready to study hard to crack the exam.
You should be well aware of the age limit if you are getting ready to apply for the jobs in the government sector. Have a look at some of the list of some government jobs and the age limit required-
Bank Clerk- (18- 28) year
Bank PO- (20- 30) year
Railway- (18-33) year
IAS – (21-30) year
SSC CGL-(21-27) Year
SSC LDC/DEO- (18-27) YEAR
NDA- (16.5-19) year
To know more about them you can visit the following link. You can also visit the respective websites of IBPS or railway or others and know the age criteria in detail and the age relaxation in reference to each job for the scheduled tribe and schedule caste candidates.
How to fill up government job application
- Begin to apply for the job once you get to know about the vacancy
- You can apply both in online and offline but most of the jobs now need you to submit online on the official website.
- Study the official notification before applying for any post
- Once you apply you can claim refund of the fees, so read the form carefully before submitting.
- You should carefully the application form and the necessary documents to be enclosed along with the application.
- You should also submit the scanned copy of your photo and signature in case you are submitting the form online.
- The file size of the scanned copy should strictly comply with the standards mentioned in the notice
The selection procedure of the different government jobs differ to some extent in some cases but the overall procedure in each case has some common factor and thus dealing in that. There are many candidates appearing and so you have to prepare hard to go through the exam. Let us look at the procedure followed-
- First you have to appear for the preliminary round where you have to go through a written test
- The exam will test you on your aptitude skill, general knowledge, general knowledge, and mathematical problems also
- After you clear the written test there will be a personal interview and you have to work hard and tactfully answer the questions
- Take care of the group discussion and the personal interview section as most of the students fail to get clear in this section
- There are some government jobs like railways, defense, police, and paramilitary forces where medical test is a very important stage of selection. If you are found medically unfit then you can be rejected.
If you want to know more about the selection procedure of any job, it is important to visit the official website and get a proper idea of the selection procedure to make you abreast of the strategy to succeed in these exams. Here I would like to dwell upon specifically upon some of them which will be of great help to you.
IAS Exam Selection Procedure
This exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. It is a three part process called Civil Service Examination. The exam consists of two objective part. There is a paper of general studies and you have to choose one of your choice a subject. The candidates who qualify in the preliminary stage are called for the second part. This part has nine papers and the final stage is the interview part. A maximum of 4 attempts can be made by the candidates.
Railway Exam Selection Procedure:
The railways conduct the exam through the railway recruitment board. The exams are classified under two categories, the technical category and the non technical category. Both the technical and non-technical exams consist of –
- General Knowledge
- General English
- General Intelligence
- Physiological Test
Bank Exam Selection Procedure:
The exam is conducted by the IBPS and number of banks participates in it. The exam pattern of the clerical grade consists of two stages. In the preliminary round you will be judged on
- Reasoning Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
Those who clear the first part have to appear for the 2nd part exam which consists of
- Reasoning Test
- English Language
- Numerical Ability
- General Awareness
Those candidates who clear the 2nd round will be called for the interview.
For the bank PO exam there is two parts. The first part consist of
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Awareness
- Computer Knowledge
Those who qualify the written exam are called for the final interview. As far as the exam pattern of the S.B.I this is not conducted by the IBPS and so is different. To know more about them you can go to the following link and update yourself.
Some upcoming recruitment:
Here is a list of areas where recruitment process will take place
- SAIL Durgapur
- Kolkata Municipal corporation
- South Eastern Railway
- West Bengal Police
How to prepare for the exam:
It is very important to first understand the syllabus and the exam pattern before you start studying. Get to know from your friends who have earlier qualified or cracked the exam to know exactly the type of the exam. You should also get hold of the previous year’s question papers and practice from them. Even more important is that you should stick to a plan and work hard. Surely there is no substitute for hard work. It will bring success in the future. Many of the exams require you to be very fast in thinking and deciding upon the answers, so you should practice keeping in mind the time factor. Don’t make the study session too long. Always take some break to refresh your mind Look for some recent books which are just out in the market and practice from them.
Government jobs is a dream for everyone to get. But it needs a lot of hard work; discipline and the attitude of never give up. It is very important to stick to a plan and work on it. Arrange your studies in such a way that no point of time you get bored.
The jobs bring security and stability to your future and so to have a bright future you should have in your possession quality books, previous year s question papers and all the resources you can. You have to practice and practice to reach the level of accuracy and update yourself with the latest information to succeed.
Your To- Do List
Start your search for different government jobs and see what are the dates of the exam and the last date of submission of application.
Now most of the submission is online and so you should know how to submit the form by filling up all the requisite space.
Check several times to cross-check if you have submitted the information correctly like age, qualification, choice of center, etc.
Keep all the documents ready while submitting your form. Keep a scanned copy of your photo and signature which will be required.
All vital information will be sent to your registered email-id.So if you don’t have one create first an email id
Get hold of the important books and the previous year’s question papers and start preparing for the exam well advance. In fact preparation should start well ahead of the announcement of the exam date.
Stick to a daily routine and have a daily plan worked out to get the most of each day you put your effort. Success is sure to touch you with full grace, so work hard.